cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph 600 Slow speeds

DerekW21
Tuning in

At the beginning of June I upgraded my package from the 200Mbs to the Ultimate Oomph 600Mbs. When my package was first upgraded I was getting the expected speed. Last week my speeds dropped to around 150Mbs give or take 20Meg. I contacted customer service and the guy I talked to told me that there was a problem there end but would fix it and to give 24hrs to settle down. 48hrs passed and there was no improvement so I contacted VM again, this time the operator told me every thing was ok but to reset my router to defaults then he carried out some tests his end and after half an hour or so told me it was third party equipment that I had connected that was causing the problem. When I checked my speed after he had done whatever he had done I found it now to be only 10-15 meg. When I told him this he insisted it was the third party equipment and there was nothing he could do to fix it. After the call I disconnected all the third party devices and turned off everything that was connected by wifi. I then checked my speed again and found that it was still 10-15Mbs on wifi and 75 on a wired ethernet connection. I have been monitoring since and at one point my speed dropped to 0.43Mbs. These things don't really mean a lot to me but the network log doesn't to good. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance to any one that can help

Network Log

Time Priority Description

28/07/2021 18:11:43Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/07/2021 19:15:50noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/07/2021 19:06:19Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/07/2021 07:43:20criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/07/2021 03:17:28ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:48:48Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:48:48criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:48:47Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:45Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:42Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:42criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:41Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:41criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/07/2021 03:47:41Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/07/2021 19:14:54noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/07/2021 13:58:32criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 21:56:28ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 17:02:54criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/07/2021 17:20:13noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/07/2021 09:56:27ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
30 REPLIES 30

thank you Alex_RM

hopefully we get this resolved as it has dragged on for long enough.

Alex_RM

I cannot find any details of the visit in my online account can you please point me in the right direction

Hi DerekW21,

It show in the service status section.

Let me know if not and I can pop you over a private message to advise 🙂

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex, I got a text last night from VM telling me a tech will be calling tomorrow so all sorted.

Cheers for your help

Engineer arrived this morning and did various checks and found that there was a bad connection in the street cabinet. Thanks to all that helped with this. After customer service telling me on numerous occasions it was all to do with the equipment I had connected to my network. The engineer was very professional and did a great job, explained all what he had done etc.

It's Just a pity VM customer service  doesn't have the same work ethic 3 and half weeks of bull from them was really getting me annoyed.

Thanks also to those on the forum who helped it is very much appreciated. 

Thanks for coming back to us @DerekW21 with your update and I'm really sorry that it has taken so long to get the engineer appointment completed.

Have all of your connection issues now been resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes Steven_L thanks.

The engineer said when a Virgin operator had reset things remotely he had done something wrong which was causing the problem.

My wifi is still pretty poor in the rear rooms of my house though and I have given up on VM sending me the second mini pod they said they would send about 2 months ago. To get round it I have had to buy a pair of BT mini connectors so that my son can work from home without the cable I was having to run across my living room, down the hall way up the stairs and into his office room. Not ideal but it is what I have learned to expect from VM over the past few months.

Thanks again to you and all others who helped me out.

Hi @DerekW21 thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear we did not follow up on a promise made to you.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @DerekW21

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee,

I am satisfied with the response and help I have received fro the forum team, it's just a pity that the normal customer service and complaints department don't give the same level of service.

If I hadn't been told about and got in touch with the forum I would probably still be having the problems I have been encountering for the past couple of months and would be proceeding with my complaint to the CISAS.

so for all the help I thank you and all the others on here that have helped me 

best regards

Derek