cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPSTREAM OBS problem

Tomasz0508
Joining in

Hello , in last few days i have big problems with streaming app , in obs i was able to stream very smoth 4500kbps , now i have big problems with streaming. Even 2000kbps upstream

I done restart , reset , and nothing help , from two days i have big problems

please help me , i dont want lose time in a telephone customer service , how many times i can do same things , i use cat 8 cabels , i have 1gbit speed , but problem with streaming....

Tomasz0508_1-1650834779442.png

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ReactUK
On our wavelength

Well i'll ignore the fact that Cat8 is absolutely overkill and not needed... but what is your current download/upload speed, use speedof.me for actual decent readings.

Presuming this is OBS to Twitch? Should be max around 6k bitrate for video and 128-192 for audio, you'll see degradation after that.

Set up a BQM on ThinkBroadband and see if you are starting to appear in an oversubscribed area / provide the logs from your router showing Pre/Post RS errors and sync rates.

Hey @Tomasz0508,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, I have looked into your connection and in the local area, I cannot see anything that would be causing such issues. 

Are you able to setup a BQM as @ReactUK suggested, this can help us diagnose the issues that you're having. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello , yesterday night i was able to stream without any issues , but please not close this topic yet. Because on last Monday evening connection was very unstable .

I’ve made some tests and in morning is ok everything . Randomly it happen between 8pm and 11pm

and yes I’m able to set up BQM

i will back with update

thank you for reply