Menu
Maplecerm
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Turtle conection

Hi,

Area reference 22

After being with orange for almost 4 years i decide to get this ultra super speedy fast virgin media....is any fault in this area by any chance? I just run a test and nothing, then every time i run a speed test is back with 7-10mb speed when "suposse" to be 50mb, i already complaint before and engineer came here obviously in early hours where the speed was even more that 50mb but like now or weekends i can t watch any game on now tv.....when before with orange was not problem at all. I already connect the now tv with the ethernet cable, reboot router almost every night to see if i get a better signal and i change the wifi channels but is just going to a turtle speed.....

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turtle conection

Hi Maplecerm,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004967846 and has a review date of 8th March.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maplecerm
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

That means that I should not being charge for this month or at least I should get a upgrade to 100mbs on my contract.

Im paying monthly for a 50mbs service and during the night time that is when I try to use now tv I can t even watch tv as the max speed Im getting is 8mbs if Im lucky.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Maplecerm,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

We're unable to refund your full charges but you are entitled to a partial reduction in your bill to reflect the fault in your area.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further.

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All you do is call Virgin media India on 150 and give them the fault code you cannot lookup that the forum team gave you...

They wont be able to find the fault code on the system and deny there are any issues at all and get you to reboot your router 20 times and then tell that udgrading your package will fix it, after 15-20 min of telling them how useless they are they will then find the fault code and give you a diminished service refund... mines £3 for a month of not being able to use the net between 5pm and midnight daily.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

£3 is better than £0.

£36 a year is not bad.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

chutwutt wrote:

£3 is better than £0.

£36 a year is not bad.

3 quid is his refund. Not his bill......Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

3 quid a month?
omg thats Poo City Fc

should this not be ratio to loss% using quadmatric systemsenanataxex equations?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately VM use the equation

(what they think they will get away with refunding you)/2

and take away the first number you thought of.

On a tangentially related note, should be interesting to see how the service credits move when "line rental" is taken out of the equation. One would assume they should be proportionally more, but dont count your chickens before they have hatched    calculate your service credit before its been allocated

0 Kudos
Maplecerm
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is any update on this? F004967846 today supossed to be review and at 5:09pm after run a speed check on my phone and also the now tv box my speed is just 7-10mb, when this will be solve? Thank you.
0 Kudos