Menu
ElaineBevan
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Trying to book an engineer!?

Hello all, 

New customer here...I had VM services installed 2 weeks ago today.

I've been having consistently slow Internet speeds (compared to what I am paying for) every single day since the day after installation.

Day of = 544Mbps DL

Day after it came crashing down to 180, then 280, then back down to 230, it has remained between 180-230 Mbps every single day since then. I have tried running tests via WiFi and ethernet. Ethernet connections are recording slower speeds (generally) than the WiFi on my phone (ethernet = 60-90 Mbps - it's a CAT 6 cable, WiFi on my phone = 150-230Mbps).

I called VM on 16/02/2021 and after spending 67 minutes straight on the call, in the end I got told to hold down the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds.

This reset everything and my speeds came back to 517mbps...5 minutes after I ended the call - the speed reverted straight back to 180Mbps / 200 Mbps and hasn't gone back up since.

This is absolutely ridiculous and I cannot afford to waste any more time on the phone.

I urgently need an engineer to come out to my address and diagnose the issue because I have tried absolutely everything suggested via VM so far to no avail.

How can I book an engineer to come out to me? I've tried calling 4 times today alone and each time I haven't been put through to an awful person!

P.S

I'm on the Oomph bundle? So I'm paying for 500 down yet I barely receive 200 at any time of the day.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to book an engineer!?

Hello,

Please could provide me a little more information.

192.168.0.1 in your address bar or link on this link provided you http://192.168.0.1/?device_networkstatus&mid=NetworkStatus

Please provide me DownStream & UpStream and Networklog.

Thank You.
0 Kudos
ElaineBevan
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am receiving the message: " the website cannot be reached "

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Strange please provide me what Virgin Media hub currently using?

In your address bar not using google or yahoo search type in http://192.168.0.1 let me know if you get default page asking for username or password.
0 Kudos
ElaineBevan
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

I am using the Hub 3.0

The link you have sent still isn't enabling me to connect.

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Sorry about this, could you pinhole reset your hub.

If you need any help doing this, please let me know.
0 Kudos
ElaineBevan
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

As I mentioned I did this the other day, the issue then happened again within 5 minutes. I also reset the hub this morning and it is still showing speeds of 140-190Mbps.

I need an engineer to my address 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

if you are maxing out at 90mbps on ethernet then it's because whatever device you are using to connect to the hub isn't able to negotiate a 1gbps connection.  This could either be because it's a 10/100 NIC, or it could be because the cable has an issue. 

Try a different cable. 

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I understand your frustration, please do another pinhole reset holding the reset button for less 30 second count 1 and 2 and so on. You should be able to connect to your HUB via that address. Please try another device.

0 Kudos
ElaineBevan
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Changed to a brand new cat 6 ethernet and only getting 115 mbps now. Did another test directly after and it went back to 76Mbps.

Tried this on 2 different PC's in the house 

0 Kudos