When I open my browser it often times out before connecting,and I have to keep retrying,sometimes for several minutes before I get access to the internet.This has gone on for some weeks now.
I rang the tech helpline but was told that the automated reset feature on the switchboard had cleared the log from the modem and he'd no clue what I was on about,but said to not use the auto reset when I call (not possible it seems).
I seem to spend all day looking at time out messages:
@Henry876 wrote: Hub 3.0 with wired connection to pc,but same problem exists on a wifi tablet and smartphones. It's a 100 meg connection,and when it's connected I get all 100 megs.
Try using a different DNS server, such as Google’s DNS 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11 on the affected devices and see if things improve. If not just set them back to the VM servers.
As @jpeg1 stated, we will need the network stats to advise you further. These can be found at http://192.168.0.1/ don’t log in, select “check router status” and copy/paste the downstream power levels, upstream power levels & network log here.