Menu
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

hi,

Many thanks to all who assisted me with my issues over the broadband speed and hub issues. It is much appreciated.

As advised I called VM and told them I was only getting 48.00speed today ! and explained about the router being old etc. They are now willing to upgrade the router to the V3 but no compensation for leaving me with an old router for the last 3yrs! and noone that I spoke to  before now willing to change it or evenlook into it.   However I am getting the new router on Friday and will give it a go and see how that works out. If it doesn't work I will be looking for another broadband company as I am now truly fed up being shafted by VM  telephone helpline.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks

You will only get compensation for any full days complete loss of service.  I dont think you said you had that in your previous thread.  As it was working ok they wouldn't want to change it.  What "BB package"have they moved you onto ?  If you have any issues with the new Hub just post them up on the Networking & WiFi forum.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks

Hi again,

No I can't say I have had total loss of service as that would not be true. It is just that I have been unable even to watch iplayer without it buffering so much that it is impossible to watch it never mind trying to watch a streaming movie or such like. I have phoned them on several occasions and asked about the speed etc but they have always advised I had the most up to date router. Anyway I am most greatful for help and advice on here and hopefully the new router will work. They said there is a charge for the new router of £30 !!

0 Kudos