cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terribly slow

Steveiow
Tuning in

My ‘upto 600’ package normally runs at about 157 but for the last few months I’ve been lucky to get speeds over 7 or 8, today it’s reached new lows 0.87 download and 0.61 upload. I’ve tried chatting to them online and can’t get past the ‘bot’ I’ve done countless reboots and a reset and it makes no difference. Getting seriously fed up with this now.

I use a Tenda mesh system which was working ok I think, I took the hub3 out of modem mode and got no Wi-Fi signal from it at all. The day we upgraded to the ultimate oomph package back in September 2020 was when the problem really started, it seemed that our internet speed was halved instead of increased and it’s just got slower and slower since then. 

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tendas generally are very slow especially the MW3 and MW5, you need to do a wired test from the hub directly to see if its a Virgin issue or your own setup

I’ve not had any problems with it before but I will do a wired test and see what results I get.

Ive done 2 wired tests and the download speeds were 47 and then 44.. something I have noticed that seems a bit weird is that I had the exact same issues on 7th january 2021 too

Pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Ideally the hub should have one or two days since last restart when you grab the status data.  

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I did the last reboot late last night so I’ll copy the up/downstream tomorrow, thanks for your advice. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Steveiow, 

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with your service, I have managed to locate your account and can see major issues with your downstream that requires a tech, I can get this booked in for you asap, I will pop you over a PM

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Steveiow, 

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie