cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Speed Test

Beau1066
Joining in

I have 500mbps on all my devices yet the new tablet I bought today never gets above 65mbps, There are only 3 devices online at any one time (Laptop, Phone, Tablet) Phone is sitting idle no downloads as is the laptop. Still never goes above 65, frustrating as I use the tablet for Stadia gaming 

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Which WiFi band is the tablet connecting on?  It needs to be on 5GHz to get the best speeds.  You may have to split the two bands with different SSIDs, and then reconnect the tablet to the 5GHz band.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What make and model is the tablet?

What speed does the laptop achieve with a direct wired connection to the Hub using www.samknows.com/realspeed ? 

As suggested by @jpeg1  try splitting the SSID as below;

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Beau1066

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your new device! 

Can I just check if you have been able to follow the advise from @Adduxi and @jpeg1

Thank you.