Menu
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

TERRIBLE INTERNET FOR AGES NOW

I've been getting crap internet since the START OF DECEMBER and nothing has changed, I called, I posted but nothing I live in Warrington UK and I pay for 200VIVID Gamer and my speeds are so terrible that I can't even launch google at times and I still have to pay full price for this #####, I want this sorted out ASAP.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
undertaker2800
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: TERRIBLE INTERNET FOR AGES NOW

We are getting same problem but since September told fix wont be complete till May 17th yet we still have to pay the full price its not on and disgraceful they have even put the price up knowing full well the problem is there.

The problem which i have had from a very good source is that the line to our village is unable to cope with the demand from the village yet they still continue to be connecting people.

I think its really the time to get intouch with OFCOM.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Krystain_szcz,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that your connection is running slow, I know this is frustrating. May I ask what speeds you're getting when you run a speed test from a hard-wired device? Do you notice reduced speeds on multiple devices and at any specific time of day?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
undertaker2800
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Hard wired during the day are no problems neither is WIFI, VM has already said the fault is our village cant cope with demand the upgrade to the system wont be complete till May 17th load on our village have this problem yet we still have to oay full amount...Its an outrage. Wifi at peak times is a max of 6mb

Thanks

Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've been getting around less than a megabyte (less than 8 megabits) since December and some days I get 4, the max I ever got was 9MB/S and I still pay full price, I'm going to call up now and ask for a reduction and if no then I'm just going to leave because all you do is just lie to your customers and NEVER fix anything, If I ever pay for a service I expect to get what they tell me not 1% of it and if I do get that 1% I expect to pay 1%. I've been told the problem will be gone in 8th March 2017 then that is what I expect, be truthful to your customers VM, I will post again about my phone call...

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

undertaker2800 wrote:

We are getting same problem but since September told fix wont be complete till May 17th yet we still have to pay the full price its not on and disgraceful they have even put the price up knowing full well the problem is there.

The problem which i have had from a very good source is that the line to our village is unable to cope with the demand from the village yet they still continue to be connecting people.

I think its really the time to get intouch with OFCOM.

Cheers

If you are affected by peak time contention, (very slow download speeds between typically 4pm and 11pm) and you have been quoted a fault reference number you do not have to pay 'full price'. You will be entitled to a loss of service credit, a percentage refund for every month you are affected.

If you were given a date over the phone it is not a 'fix date'! The 17th of May is more likely to be a review date. There is a BIG difference.

If you are in an area with issues affecting speeds at peak times you need a reference number to facilitate your credits.

------------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA
Contention reference "F002896495", - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening. Ongoing since March 2014.
After some network upgrading, fault reference has now become F004952644.
17 review dates. Next review June 2018
0 Kudos
undertaker2800
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thats just it they wont give a ref number all they say is they know about it and the system will be fully upgraded by 17th May.. However that is after loads of phone calls.. Each operator tells you something different. Even the engineers are fed up with this connection new people knowing they are being told lies about the connection speeds. To top it off they even try to blame the customers, anybody can read from a monitor and have no clue what they are on about.

I know of at least 12 people given reduction without a ref number in our village so the porkies continue

0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I got a engineer booked for tommorow so I'll msg everything that happens tommorow

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

undertaker2800 wrote:

Thats just it they wont give a ref number all they say is they know about it and the system will be fully upgraded by 17th May.. However that is after loads of phone calls.. Each operator tells you something different. Even the engineers are fed up with this connection new people knowing they are being told lies about the connection speeds. To top it off they even try to blame the customers, anybody can read from a monitor and have no clue what they are on about.

I know of at least 12 people given reduction without a ref number in our village so the porkies continue

If you call and get off shore (highly likely) the unfortunate truth is you will get script readers who will tell you everything is going to be fine, give out a date and claim it is a fix date.
The only option is try and ring between 9am and 5pm, choose the option 'thinking of leaving' and hope you get through to a UK centre. You need to demand the reference number if your issue is definitely utilisation.

Escalate as a formal complaint if you still get nowhere over the phone.

The Forum Team are far better at helping customers with these issues than the phone staff but it can take up to a week for a response. You may need to start your own thread and be patient.

Krystian_szcz wrote:

I got a engineer booked for tommorow so I'll msg everything that happens tomorrow

I hope all goes well with your engineer visit but if your issue is high utilisation then the engineer can do nothing for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA
Contention reference "F002896495", - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening. Ongoing since March 2014.
After some network upgrading, fault reference has now become F004952644.
17 review dates. Next review June 2018
0 Kudos
Krystian_szcz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nah mate its fine now internet is fixed http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6127771162

0 Kudos