Menu
Highlighted
Nini
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switched to Vivid 350 but speeds seem slow

Hi, today we upgraded our package to go from Vivid 100 to Vivid 350. I have already noticed an increase in the upload speed, but I am not sure we are getting the advertised download speed. I have tried a few internet speed tests and they have fluctuated between 80 and 150 Mbps, so well below 350.

Is there any way to properly test our speed? And how can we get the speeds we are paying for?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switched to Vivid 350 but speeds seem slow

Sounds like you might not be testing your speeds properly, how are you doing it?

0 Kudos
Nini
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried different speed tests online, for example the one linked in the Help article on VM's website (speedtest.net I think it is), the broadband test on Which, broadband.co.uk, broadbandspeechecker.co.uk... Just the first ones that come up on Google.

They all give speeds of well below 350. The upload speeds they give are correct, because I uploaded a file for work earlier and the speed of uploading that  file corresponded to the speeds these tests were giving. But I don't know how else I can test my download speed?

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equipped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

0 Kudos