cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Business Broadband?

speedyp
Tuning in

With this cost of living crisis we are looking for ways to save a bit of money. We've been with Virgin for @12 years now. We currently have a broadband only service (M200) which is costing £45 per month, but see there are better deals available at higher speeds for "Business" accounts. As I run my own business and work from home - can I switch our account to business take advantage of this??

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond in a day or so. It should be possible - are you "out of contract" on the residential service now? I think there are some limitations - I dont believe you can have the TV service on Business for example.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply - we just renegotiated our contract over the phone last week, but I believe we have a 14 day cooling off period. We were out of contract previous to that call 🙂

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM staff on here dont usually get involved in contract renegotiation.

So TBH I should call back in and use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” and see what they can offer. Calling around 08.01 is usually the best time to get connected quickly to the UK retentions team.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

OK - thanks again for your input. Will think about trying to phone them again, although I'm still exhausted from the last time. Which I guess is what they want.

Cheers!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There was a long discussion about this some time ago.  I looked into it myself.  VM support will not engage with anything to do with VB.  You'd need to start with VB and having got a contract arranged, then go back to cancel VM.

It's inportant to note that the actual VB broadband is no improvement on VM, you just have rather better (but still not great) response when it goes wrong. And there's no help forum like this one.  Personally I'm waiting for FTTP to arrive. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Braced myself for a long battle and called the virgin business sales number. The lady could not have been more helpful & within 20 mins we had signed up for Voom 600 which is 3X faster than the M200 we were going to take and with a discount, has worked out even cheaper than the residential VM deal we were offered last week. Nice touch is it comes with 4G support, so if it ever does go down then no more faffing about tethering mobiles etc.  Time will tell, but fingers crossed it all works out.

Thanks again all for your help & encouragement 🙂

Cheers

... Forgot to mention that they are handling the transfer from residential to business account which spared me another phone call and big explanation about switching etc.  Easy Peasy !!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll get a different modem BTW. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @speedyp 

You might need to double check on the pricing, just in case you weren't told, all business prices exclude VAT

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali