cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped to 1 gig and not getting the speeds that I've expected

hAndreX333
Tuning in

Hi,

I've just recently upgraded to Volt 1Gig. I've never gotten more then 480Mbps and I was testing via wired connection (PC). 

I've read through some of the topics on the forum and I can see that this is happening to a lot costumers but actually don't see any solutions.

Had a virtual chat on or around 4th September, where the the VM staff has told me there is ongoing problem in my area and he guarantees that it will be resolved by 9th September.

It's now 24th and I'm still not getting the speeds that I was promised.

I use the HUB 4 in modem mode and have a ASUS AX58U as my router. All the cables I use are at least cat6a certified or higher.

Could someone please contact me, because honestly I really feel scammed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks,

I've put back the HUB 4 into router mode and checked it again now I'm actually getting almost 1Gig speeds.

Interesting that I post on here and suddenly 12 hours later my problem is fixed.

Thanks anyway for your help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to prove the issue is with virgin media and not your own router/setup.

Please put the hub in router mode, connect one device via ethernet and test via the official speedtest site.

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

AndrewHardy
Up to speed

Weird. What area are you in? Because I was told the exact same thing! That there's an "outage/fault" in my area (32) and that it would be fixed by 9am on the 9th, then by the end of the day on the 9th, then by 9am on the 13th, then by 6pm on the 23rd, and now by 14:35 (very specific) on the 28th.

In reality, they haven't got a clue why you're not getting the speeds you're paying for, mate. So they lie to you in order to keep you as a customer for as long as possible.

Simple as that.

Thanks,

I've put back the HUB 4 into router mode and checked it again now I'm actually getting almost 1Gig speeds.

Interesting that I post on here and suddenly 12 hours later my problem is fixed.

Thanks anyway for your help.