Menu
Maly25
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Support and technical team waiting time

Hello, I would like to make this simple and this isn't me getting angry, but I have been trying to get in contact with Virgin Media's "technical team" via the chat service on their website due to my slow speeds of 10mbps download when I pay for much more, this has been an issue for the past month, some days the internet is good sometimes it goes bad into 10mbps for a day or two. And this has been really annoying and intimidating. Therefore I would like that resolved, I check on the virgin website that you can contact them to solve problems (like this), the options were live chat and by call, I decided to not call as it said for "emergency's / urgent issues only". So I continued to create a live chat, I answered the startup bot with what I needed and it said it will put me over to the support team, (and did mention it can take up to 4 hours), I did this at 15:16, which is in the opening times. I then got put through to a nice lady which checked my details and said she will forward me to the "technical team" which now I am skeptical they even exist. That was at 17:30, I waited until 22:00 and I got no answer and it was now their closing time, so I went to bed and next morning I wake up to a text (on the same chatbox) from the STARTING BOT, which literally asked me if I still need help, I answered yes and then it asked me the same questions I answered the day before of what I need, (it is 8:30), I answered them then was passed to another support team person (at 10:22). They greet me and say sorry for having to wait for a long time over 17 hours, they proceed to do my security checks (even though I already did them with the agent above and it was all visible in the chat) again. She then asked me about my issue and said she will need to put me over to the Technical Support team, I said okay and the chat said I have been put over and need to wait that was at 11:17. It is now 22:38 so over 10 hours later, I have no received a  single reply, and it is now their closing time. 

Altogether I have waited 28 hours and still haven't got my issue fixed. I am now at the point I might call them, this post is just to share my experience and my issue with Virgin Media, although I love them, sometimes they just get you mad. 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Support and technical team waiting time

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

If you give us a brief description of the problem symptoms we may be able to help.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Maly25,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having slow broadband intermittently , I have had a look at things our end and can see most of your downstream power levels are our higher than should be and are in the red,  downstream power levels are higher than they should be between 11 and 11.8 should be between 9 and 10.

The only thing I can suggest is too go around and make sure that all coaxial connections to all VM equipment are finger tight, power off the hub for 30 secs and then back in, if the power levels are still above +10 then an engineer will be need to drop them down.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
sboyce
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is the worst support I have had from Virgin Media in over 20 years.

After almost a week I got a call to say that Broadband service in my area was again available.

Discovered that I am not getting a WAN IP Address.

Phoned in and after some time was told that an engineer would get in touch within 4 hours.

Six hours later, no call.

Phoned in and told I would be contacted sometime tomorrow (Thursday 25th. March).

I also think they are having a laugh when their message asks you to get online when your problem is a networking problem.

Luckily I have TalkTalk Broadband as a backup but download speed suffers.

0 Kudos
sboyce
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Surprise! surprise! This morning I got a call from the engineer -- a Superhub3 is being shipped to arrive tomorrow. Less than an hour later one was delivered, no doubt from the request I made 2 days ago. Everything is fine now. I'll see if I can stop the delivery of the second one.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @sboyce,

Thank you for getting back to us on this with an update. I'm really glad to hear we've issued a replacement router for you and that it's resolved the issue.

In regards to the second one that you ordered earlier today, have you managed to contact the team since your post to see if this can be cancelled? If not, I'm just about to send you a private message. Please respond to that and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos