cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow speed now for days

Ghastous
On our wavelength

Come on Virgin im paying for 500mb speed and for the last few days my speed as been sat on 10-50mb.  Total disgrace and when i called to complain you basicly told me to lower my package lol.  If you cant maintain these speeds then dont false advertise them and then blame the custermer.

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Was that a test over WiFi or GSM ?

Test the service to the Hub with the link below.   Be sure the click on Run full test after the page opens.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Share the results to help the analysis

Ghastous
On our wavelength

I’m connected wired not Wi-Fi 

That website doesnt even work for me i just get a error message

RealSpeed is not available on this network

To fix this:

• Make sure you are on your home network.
  • Make sure you are not connected to a VPN (for example, on a work laptop).

Is your Hub in modem mode with a 3rd party Router ?

Ghastous
On our wavelength

Yes it is cos there Hub sucks and overheats so i had to go out and buy my own router instead.

It is always what folks carefully leave out that matters the most !

The earlier speed test is the combined effect of a VM Hub ---> 3rd Party router --- > a computer

My first step would be to put the Hub into Router mode and run a Realspeed test.

How do you propose to diagnose the issues from here ?

Ghastous
On our wavelength

And you think because im not using the hub the speed changes lol.  Ive been using my own router for years and always will do.  The hub does not make the speed any better.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, the SamKnows speed test only works in Router mode as it’s built into the firmware. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ghastous,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband speed. 

If you can complete the sam knows speed test just using our hub that would help us see the speed to the speed and then to your device.

^Martin