Menu
markred1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super Hu 2ac better for VPN use?

Hi

Like so many others, the Hub3 behind a VPN is terrible, 110mb line dropping to 7mb.

Tried a few things but its all hit and miss, though I did read that the Hub 2ac has different menu system, a few options open to it that can alter p2p and VPN flow.

Can anyone back this up, is it better to use the older one for VPN use? also because of what I read, VM dont let us swap stuff out, but I guess an older hub is fine?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hu 2ac better for VPN use?

I haven't used a VPN in a while, I stopped when I realized VM were throttling VPN connections back then (they don't anymore having removed the traffic shaping.)

The Superhub 2 AC and Superhub 2 do have some VPN pass through options which made my process of getting a VPN working back then easy. If you can get your hands on a Superhub 2 AC then you would notice an overall performance increase, but they are only usable on packages up to 200Mb of speed.

Ideally, get a 3rd party WiFi supporting router for cable as that would work out better. I have a Superhub 2 and Superhub 2 AC and hub 3.0. My main hub (Superhub 2 AC) is kept in modem mode with a 3rd party WiFi router linked to it. The connection runs better that way, I have more control over it and I can get it online 50% or so quicker from point of power cycle/power up than if it was just the Superhub running in router mode.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hu 2ac better for VPN use?

@markred1974 wrote:

Can anyone back this up, is it better to use the older one for VPN use? also because of what I read, VM dont let us swap stuff out, but I guess an older hub is fine?

Do you still have an old SH2ac ?  If so - it is "possible" to get it reactivated - but it will be a hell of a struggle.  If you don't, there is no chance.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos