cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify problems

Enigma667
Tuning in

Hello, 

For the past week or so Spotify will only play around 10-15 seconds and then say it can't play this song at the moment. Now I know what your going to say and yes I have already spoken to Spotify and they say there is no problem their end and that VM has a routing problem which they need to look into. I can already see some one replying saying its a Spotify issue and I need to contact them, but this will just get passed back and forth with no one taking any responsibility for it.

23 REPLIES 23

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Enigma667

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the delay in replying and also the issue with Spotify. I've checked here and there are no known issues.

Have you been able to use Spotify on another device to test the issue again and see if you were able to duplicate, if so, what was the outcome?

Have you also tried deleting and re-adding the application as well?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have exactly same problem and I have already spoken to Spotify staff who helped me test with alternative test account.

It works on both my laptop & PC when I connect it to my phone (hotspot), but when I am on a cable / WiFi to the VM Router then I experience very "Spotty Spotify" as such plays 10-15seconds sometimes a minute of a song then pauses saying "Can't play this song right now" and after a little bit of time continues playing and this happens over and over again.

I have checked and my internet connection is fine, I can do everything else (nothing else is affected). I have tried restarting my router.

I don't know what to do now, as I think it must be Virgin media end? I used to have problems 8 years ago when my connection was blocked from Connecting to France and I noticed quickly as I was using OVH Servers in French datacentre, after over an hour on the phone with your support you finally admitted that my connection has been blacklisted for some reason. Is the same thing happening with Spotify?

Hi maciejd,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your Spotify,

Can you check you IP here to see if there are any blocks.

If not, do you have another router to test by putting your hub into modem mode, then changing back?

Alex_Rm

My IP is only listed under 

"Policy Blocklist (PBL) - This is for information only. No action is required (unless you run your own mail server)."

Nothing else.

I have no other router to try, what I can do however is change the VM Hub to Modem mode and connect my PC directly and try again. I will do this tonight.

Thanks for checking maciejd,

Keep me posted with how this goes.

Alex_Rm

Good morning,

I have not had a chance to check, because the Spotify was working fine all evening / night. I have continued to use Spotify this morning and it is again cutting off. I am unable to test with changing router to modem mode due to work however I have tested with VPN and it works perfectly fine over VPN.

I am starting to think this has something to do with Traffic Throttling, although I was under impression VM doesn't apply that practice?

Maciej

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Thanks for getting back to us Maciejd,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, we do not throttle I can assure you.

Is it just spotify that you are having an issue with?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Yes just Spotify that I noticed.

Maciej

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you stream if fine on other devices?

Zoie