cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds suddenly slow

singtoeil
Joining in

This probably gets asked here a lot but I have consistently gotten ~600mbps download and ~40mbps upload from my M600 package but all of a sudden for the past week, during the day (around 10am to 7pm) the download speeds drop to 40-70mbps and the upload speeds remain the same of ~40mbps. I could assume that this is due to increased demand of broadband due to Easter holidays? But as I said I have always gotten ~600mbps download. My setup is a MacBook Pro with a USB-C to Ethernet hub. Cat 6 cable connected to a hub 2 that is an access point connected via Cat6 to a hub 3. Connecting my phone to the hub 3 and hub 2 gives me around 40mbps download during the day and ~400mbps during the night / early morning. Anyone know what could be going on here and should I call up Virgin? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Setup a BQM here and you will see if it's an over subscribed area.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Post a link to the shared graph once running and we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @singtoeil,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am so sorry to hear you've experienced some issues with slow broadband speeds. I can appreciate this can be incredibly frustrating! 

I can't locate your details on our system so haven't been able to check for any potential issues back end. 

Have you had any improvements since you last posted and has a reboot/reset been done to see if that makes any difference?

If the issue still persists, please pop back so we can offer further support. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs