Menu
lsmt971
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed

Hi

I remember when our speed was boosted to 50megs and for months and months we weren't even receiving 5megs. Now our boost has been increased to 100 the same is happening. I have literally just signed a new contract and I'm not going to put up with this problem for another 12 months. Can somebody look into the issue please. Let me know if there is an issue that is due to be rectified. Area 01. Postcode L10 3JJ.

Thanks Lee 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed

How are you measuring your speed? Only tests done with a suitable device connected to the hub with an ethernet cable are valid.

0 Kudos
lsmt971
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes wired up. I went through this for a whole year when told there was too much demand for our area. I signed a new contract on Monday and it's happening again. I'm hoping it was just a one off but need it checking.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you post your Hub's logs so we can check you are getting the correct connection?

It's also worth setting up a BQM monitor at thinkbroadband.com.

0 Kudos
lsmt971
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry Jpeg, all that stuff goes over my head I'm afraid. I just wire my laptop up to the modem and run a speed test from different websites. I don't really have to do that though as there's obviously a problem regardless when things have started buffering all over the place.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there lsmt971, 

Thanks for popping over to our community; I was sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your broadband speed. 

I have located your account from your forum information so have popped you a private message so we can go through security; just look out for the purple envelope and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos