cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed worse after upgrade to Gig1 and Hub4

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi

I recently got the Voly upgrades. After a test I was told my existing hub wasn't up to it and I'd get a replacement. Hub4 arrived yesterday. I changed over the hubs, the Hub4 did an update and rebooted. Everything connected to the network came back online. So far, so good.

I did a speedtest to show off my shiny new Gigabit download speeds.

What an utter let down 😞

On the old hub I had 500Mpbs and generally got 400 - 450. With the Hub4 I'm 200Mbps. If I'm lucky.

These speeds are the same whether it's something on the network or directly to the hub.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

40 REPLIES 40

Coming to that conclusion myself 😞

Does a replacement require 3 life times on hold or is there a way to request it on here?

Cheers

Steve

@stedav99 wrote:

Coming to that conclusion myself 😞

Does a replacement require 3 life times on hold or is there a way to request it on here?

Cheers

Steve

VM will respond on here, however it can take a few days.

Thanks Carl !!!!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stedav99

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, Did this issue get solved? What was the solution please?

Hi kevkdg, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you may be having the same issues as the OP. 

To allow us to help can you come back and update the thread with more information on what faults you're having? Please try and provide as much information as possible so we can help you further 🙂 The below questions should help us narrow things down. 

• Are you connecting through ethernet cable, WiFi or both?
  • Are you having any disconnections?
  • What speeds are you getting through an ethernet cable?
  • What checks or diagnostics have you already tried?
  • Are you using the Hub itself or do you have any third party equipment connected?

Come back to us when you can.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

stedav99
On our wavelength

Engineer called, swapped out the hub, still the same issue.

1145 to the hub as reported by samknows, ~300 to a single device directly connected to the hub. Phone (Ultra 21) is ~ 600.

jonnymc4
On our wavelength

I have an engineer coming today having had the same issue. I'm currently getting 1146 Mbps to the hub and only 110 Mbps to the device connected via ethernet cable direct to the hub. When I connect my device by cable to my mesh router and in turn by cable to the Hub, I get a 330 Mbps connection. It's bizarre. Can only assume there's something strange going on with the hub.

Good Afternoon @stedav99, have you been able to set up a BQM on the newly installed hub?

Have you possibly been able to perform a speed test with the hub in modem mode, so we can see exactly what speeds are being issued to your property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

stedav99
On our wavelength

Hi David

Sppeds are pretty much the same whether modem or router mode.

Router mode:

virgin_router_mode.png

Modem mode (samknows needs router mode)

virgin_modm_mode.png

Engineer got pretty much the same when he visited.

WiFi is generally 500Mbps (if in same room)

Cheers

Steve