cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed query

DocMi
Tuning in

I use Macbook Pro with no ethernet port but wifi works very well, was getting D/L speeds up to 200 mbs or more, for past several weeks its dropped to between 50-90 mbs- have only added one more device ( Ring video bell).

I checked with ethernet cable on a Hp laptop, similar speeds.

Only thing I noticed it was some lag with Netflix and Amazon on TV, no issues with d/l large files or streaming.

I do have multiple devices connected( 12) and some may be using 2.4 GHz but not sure.

I do not fully understand Router stats but here they are- downstream ones.

I have ethernet cables connected to apple tv, Sky box for TV and HIVE, all else is on WiFi. 

My WiFi is set to auto for channels.

Any advice to improve speed will be highly appreciated. Thanks

These stats were taken when no other device was actively used D/L speeds on samknows were 85 with a ping of 18s

DocMi_0-1624728496488.png

DocMi_1-1624728533167.png

21 REPLIES 21

Fab, thanks

My pleasure. 

Enjoy your evening!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Miraculously my speeds are up to normal tonight:)

DocMi_0-1625175277194.png

Hi DocMi

That's good to see 

Can you please keep an eye on this and if it drops

Pop back on here and let us know 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, will do.

This forum has been very helpful.

Network issues are back , low speed and now the hub keeps rebooting on its own. I fixed an Engr appointment for today which was changed to Friday - now I get a message saying that Network problems are being investigated in my area hence vidd see it is on hold  !! Broadband is running at lower speeds for now. Thanks for looking into this 

My speed is still slow , < 80 mbs, Engr appointment looks to be on hold; text sent to me said that network check has been completed.

Speed has still not improved so please help re-instate engr appointment

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, DocMi,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

Got it , thanks very much Corey

You're welcome, DocMi.