cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed query

DocMi
Tuning in

I use Macbook Pro with no ethernet port but wifi works very well, was getting D/L speeds up to 200 mbs or more, for past several weeks its dropped to between 50-90 mbs- have only added one more device ( Ring video bell).

I checked with ethernet cable on a Hp laptop, similar speeds.

Only thing I noticed it was some lag with Netflix and Amazon on TV, no issues with d/l large files or streaming.

I do have multiple devices connected( 12) and some may be using 2.4 GHz but not sure.

I do not fully understand Router stats but here they are- downstream ones.

I have ethernet cables connected to apple tv, Sky box for TV and HIVE, all else is on WiFi. 

My WiFi is set to auto for channels.

Any advice to improve speed will be highly appreciated. Thanks

These stats were taken when no other device was actively used D/L speeds on samknows were 85 with a ping of 18s

DocMi_0-1624728496488.png

DocMi_1-1624728533167.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pleasure 😄

PM has been sent. You will find this under the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Yakidd91
On our wavelength

This may seem like a.silly question, but have you tried restarting your vm hub? I.e. turn it off at the wall, wait about 30 seconds, and turn it back on again.

Done taht already, not much changed.

My netstats are as follows:

DocMi_0-1624779581808.png

Hi @DocMi,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with slow speeds. 

I have taken a look at your account and have identified there is a provisioning issue and so as a result you may be experiencing slow speeds than expected due to this. An AutoFix has been attempted after going through some diagnostic checks remotely here. This should now hopefully resolve the issues you have been having.

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi Ayesha,

Thanks for looking at this. Speed definitely up to around 90 mbs but no where near what I was getting before which was 200+.

Please can you check again if the provisioning issue is completely sorted- the speed needs boosting up to what I am signed up for  ( 200mbs), many thanks

Thanks for coming back to me @DocMi

I have taken another look at the account and the provisioning issue is sorted 🙂

However I do note your downstream signal levels are out of specification so I will need to book an engineer for you. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can get the address confirmed and the appointment arranged. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Brilliant, thanks

Pleasure 😄

PM has been sent. You will find this under the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Done, thanks

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @DocMi

I have arranged the appointment for you now. Should you find the date and time unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account or drop me a PM. 

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team