cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed of connection upload is poor!

Chrysoprasia
Joining in

I've tried everywhere else including the customer service/sales team!

Bottom line is my upload speed is cycling at certain times of day to less than 1. mbps and the download fluctuates in a simlar way.  The download is acceptable if damned annoying but when my systems can barely make a solid handshake with the upstream servers i use for work and hobbies it get expletive worthy reactions.

I just got a new hub and "upgraded" to theoretical speeds of 500+ download 40+ upload for a further 18 months with the hopes that my router was at fault !  Sadly 24 hours after installing my new router I find myself.

I am aware that I may get a message that let the router settle then see but this is the problem i had before the new equipment arrived!

with Ping 32 download 27 upload 0.23!  on a hard wired connection.

this is not the worst it has been but unacceptable for a household that has paid for many years of service where few issues have arisen.

If there is throttling due to limited supply infrastructure then please be honest and say so? If there is a fault please resolve it or give us a timeline to resolving it!

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Then can you follow this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chrysoprasia
Joining in

300621.png

An addendum to the state of affairs after following advice! 

anyone wann interpret this one?

please

Aye - Probably personal info contained hence the rejection of the image (MAC or IP)

If it is a BQM - Click 'Share Live Graph' (under the BQM)

Then copy the 'direct link'

Paste it on here.

(also post up the hub stats as suggested by John)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@lotharmat wrote:

Aye - Probably personal info contained hence the rejection of the image (MAC or IP)

If it is a BQM - Click 'Share Live Graph' (under the BQM)

Then copy the 'direct link'

Paste it on here.

(also post up the hub stats as suggested by John)

just had a look and as said it contains your ip address which is not allowed so blank it out or post a link to the live bqm which should remove personal info 

its an interesting bqm over an hour or so - rest is ok - no idea what happened

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

its an interesting bqm over an hour or so - rest is ok - no idea what happened

Tease..... 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

there you go

bqm.png