cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed not as expected

Nick_Key
Joining in

Hello, I recently upgraded from your 100mb broadband (which always gave close to 100mb on speedtest.net) to M200. It was good for a short period but I now only get between 40mb and 70mb.  

Ive jumped through the hoops here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Broadband-Speed-Check/ba-p/3459473 to no avail. I have copied the logs from the router but they exceed the 20,000 character max post size!

Many thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Nick, welcome to the community!

Thank you for posting and bringing this to our attention. Having had a look on our systems I can see a large number of disconnections, and a power level issue with one of the signals coming into your hub. This will require a technicians appointment to fix. 
I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this booked in for you. We can then return to the public thread with an update. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly

Many thanks for all the help. I started working back through the network cabling and found two patch cables that were causing issues, including the one between the router and the gigabit switch! I'd never appreciated they could go bad like this. I am now getting 190-220mb again. 

With regard to the disconnects etc, is it worth me getting a fresh report to see if its still an issue, or is this on the coax / VM side of the router? Wondering if its anything to do with me resetting / turning things off an on.  

Many thanks again,

Nick 

Hi Nick_Key, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and we're glad the speed is working as it should be now. 

In terms of the engineer, if things are working fine for you then no need to have this booked for now however just bear it in mind for future 🙂 

If you have any issues with your connection at all, pop back here so we can help support you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs