Menu
mcnaugha
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed keeps dropping down

Seeing quite a few folk talking about this. I’m in Area 28.

I‘ve worked in IT for 20 years, so yes I’ve done all the basic troubleshooting.

Bandwidth keeps dropping to unusable speeds. It’s very stuttery when you try to measure speed in the faulty state. It can range from 900kbps to 84Mb. A reboot of the Hub 3.0 restores service to stable maximum speed but not every time. Sometimes two reboots are required.

The issue can be observed on both WiFi and wired devices. So this is nothing to do with WiFi.

Service status not recognising fault in my area. When I run test, I get the message that implies something is being done in the background and I’ve to wait 10 mins before rebooting hub.

is the hub faulty or is there a fault?

--
Andrew McNaughton
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed keeps dropping down

Would need to check the signal levels if could go to http://192.168.0.1 or if using modem mode http://192.168.100.1 clicking router status top right or bottom of page depending on hub [no need to login - depending on hub] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log, don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.. try and avoid using screen shots..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this mcnaugha,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end at the moment.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mcnaugha
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that's why I've not been back as the issue hasn't reoccurred again yet. I'd obviously prefer there to have been an external issue that's short term than something up with the Hub itself. So, I'm just waiting and watching.

I'd also prefer a bit more honesty from VM if there are issues. There's unfortunately too much temptation to avoid acknowledging issues until absolutely necessary when performance is being measured.

Behaved itself since the posting and the couple of times I ran the remote diagnostic.

--
Andrew McNaughton
0 Kudos
mcnaugha
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@paultechy Just been waiting for the issue to recur and it hasn't. So, that's why I've not followed-up with your request.

--
Andrew McNaughton
0 Kudos