cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issue with Gig service

Graham661
Joining in

I have top Volt Bundle Gig package and I’m only getting a third to of the speed most days peaking to maybe half on a really good day! Speeds are below the minimum guaranteed so Virgin monitored for 1 month and then said it couldn’t be certified and I could leave my 18 month contract with no penalty.

I really don’t want to leave!  I’d like an engineer to check the installation. Seems impossible to arrange having spent hours on the phone being moved from one call centre to another and finally ending up on the contractors call centre line!

Just need the installation checked, as when it was installed last November it was giving up to 1 gig no problem for a couple of months.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Carl,

I set the BQM up and shared the live link on Sunday. Not heard back from you?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4612de7aebda1ad475b811462cc6b46cf1...

I don't work for VM, this is a community forum.

BQM looks fine.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from a few PostRS errors on the 3.1 channel. the stats all look okay.

With the multiple downloads across 3 iOS devices, you are getting approx 570 so not too bad either for, I'm assuming, wifi ?

VM do not guarantee any wifi speeds, and tests need to be done wired directly to the Hub with a known good Cat 6a cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks