cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed increases from November 1st?

RayW2
Dialled in

I see it is being reported on the ISP Review web site that "some" VMO2 broadband speeds are apparently tdue to incease fom the first of next month ...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/isp-virgin-media-o2-uk-to-boost-some-home-broadband-sp...

52 REPLIES 52

@Synthetic wrote:

Shame, nothing on residential 1Gig yet, seem to be pushing it to business 1Gig already 

And what upload speeds are the business 1Gig getting?

@olisun wrote:

@Synthetic wrote:

Shame, nothing on residential 1Gig yet, seem to be pushing it to business 1Gig already 

And what upload speeds are the business 1Gig getting?

Nothing published yet by VM. It's likely to be 100-115mbps profile provisioning though based on historic ratios when they are ready.

News article today here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/virgin-media-business-uk-customers-start-seeing-faster...

I think its really help for the smaller fish on M100 and M200. The big boys on M500 and 1GB package don't need any more bandwidth 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

@sayekm wrote:

I think its really help for the smaller fish on M100 and M200. The big boys on M500 and 1GB package don't need any more bandwidth 🙂

Err what?

Well I have been waiting for a speed increase on upload for a while and hopefully will see some improvement soon as we have some essential works being carried out on 26th

Probably dreaming but 100mbps upload on 1gig would be great. We already have some providers who will be providing 1gb up and down next year over fibre.

Someone here already seeing 100(ish) up on business 1Gig

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711420&page=2

@olisun wrote:

@sayekm wrote:

Err what?

Actually, the ONLY reason I am on 1gbps is for increased upload compared to other tiers. I'd be quite happy with 350 or 500 if the upload was higher.

So says someone that's obviously not on the higher packages. We pay extra for the extra bandwidth and therefore are entitled to the same increases as the lower tiers. 

BT is now 2 roads over from me and offers 900/110 and I know for a fact that as soon as it's in my road that I'm going to be switching over. 

The upload speeds on VM 1gb are a complete joke and as BT rolls out to more areas I can see a lot of customers jumping ship!!

I read its only increase for the lower M100 and M200 customer. But there are comments that business customers on 1GB had their upload increased to 1000/100.

Community Fibre have started laying cables on my street and been advised maybe 2 month before fully operation. They are offering 1000 up and down for £25. But I am more interested in the triple band Wi-Fi 6 Velop router they supply.. seen these flooded on ebay for £60. So spend £60 and you have a amazing Wi-Fi 6 mesh kit.

I don't have an issue with VM prices vs speed but their hardware are junk 😞

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

I'm one of the slowcoaches on M100 and I think I may have just seen this take effect today. My internet was very poor first thing this morning (and we'd had a thunderstorm), with poor download speeds and almost 0 upload. After I restarted the hub I was pleasantly surprised to see I'm now getting more like 135 down and... 20+ up (so not the usual 10% ratio). VM upload speeds aren't very competitive, so I would guess it makes sense to increase those more - 25% of not a lot isn't very much. As the current usual speed on M100 is 108-110, then I'd expect it to be a bit above the "125" in the linked ISPreview article. Of course this may just be a mistake and I end up back on 100/10 later - or 30/0.01 as I was earlier.

In the hub settings:

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID54244
Max Traffic Rate143750047
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID54243
Max Traffic Rate22000047

EDIT: I should have read some of the later posts on page 1. Anyway, looks like I'm getting similar. Wonder how long it'll be before people who don't reboot their routers (like me, normally) get the upgrade.