cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drops for last few days in Crawley

Freyarule
Tuning in

Hiya,

Just adding to the number of Crawley folks who have been having speed issues with their VM internet last few days, website constantly says there is no fault but I think getting as low as 0.3MBps download speed when I pay for 100 definitely seems like a fault somewhere. Friends in South London have been having the same issues too so there's definitely something going on in a core area that needs to be sorted.

Have rebooted router and factory reset it many times to no avail, everything was fine until a few days ago. I hope this gets looked into and sorted soon as husband works from home and needs a stable connection, and we also play with friends online in the evenings when the speed drops happen the most so this has obviously suffered.

Is there also a way to ask for compensation after this is sorted? 

5 REPLIES 5

Barrerayy
On our wavelength

Please call Virgin and complain about this. I've been talking to them since Thursday everyday and they still refuse to acknowledge the problem as an actual area fault.

lotharmat
Community elder
Have you called it in on 150 as a fault?

I think once a few people call a fault - it gets flagged as a local issue and investigations commence!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Freyarule

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced regarding the speeds, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking att he account there is currently an area issue effecting services, this is logged under reference F009129980 with an estimated fix time of the 8th July 2021 at 4pm. We understand this isn't the answer or news you were hoping for but trust this explains the reasons for the issues.

Rest assured the engineers will be working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible.

Rob

foccer
On our wavelength

I am in Crawley and had an engineer out earlier this evening. The Fault referenced above is to "monitor" an issue that virgin never previously admitted to. Apparently a large part of Crawley is/was affected but many people don't realise as they are not using bandwidth intensive stuff.

Ours was down to 5-10Mbps every evening but then from Monday this week the "fault" disappeared.

Thanks for your post foccer, our crew will still be working on getting this sorted as soon as possible.