Menu
kevtheskin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed change Up and Down issues

Hello there,

Have just came of the phone to VM service desk and found myself feeling very angry at the support offered. So the fault is for some reason my upload speed has now changed to 20mb up previously it was 12mb my download speed is now only 68mb previously it was over 200mb. The service chap no disrespect asked me to hard wire eth0 already did that speed the same?  He then told me to turn of all wifi devices guess what speed the same. He then asked me to boot to safe mode  the speed suddenly went to over 200mb and 20 up. So his next words I must have something on my pc thats causing slow speeds. Strangely my workstation upstairs is running slow speeds also my samsung tablet my samsung phone and also wait for it my linux box. He then offered me to be connected to some pc help support which is chargeable .On that note I told him I was not happy with his service and will be contacting customer complaints tomorrow. After ending the call this I went nextdoor to my neighbour who is also on VM and guess what the speeds where perfect according to his package .

So guys,and gals what can i do next. Pc and laptops are I7 16gig wins10 pro and Ubuntu I5 8g.

Cheers Kev and sorry for the rant.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed change Up and Down issues

VM only guarantees wired speeds. You're getting full speeds at the hub, now if you can connect some devices like the workstation or Linux box by Ethernet cable what speeds do you get.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
kevtheskin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Roger, As stated above the exact same give or take a few mb.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's a slowdown somewhere. Are you using a network switch, router, extender or any similar piece of hardware between the hub and your devices?

--
0 Kudos
kevtheskin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Roger, All test have been done with a cat6 and cat 5 connection on to a port. Also2.4ghz and 5ghz with the wifi. Do you know if there has been any crap windows 10 pro updates? Cheers for getting back to me. Kev
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Windows 10 Pro PC works fine although I've held off installing the latest upgrade.

Can you post some stats. Go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP address.

--
0 Kudos
kevtheskin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will do later on peeps cheers K
0 Kudos