cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed boost on Volt waiting time

ThereIsNoSpoon
Joining in

Hi,

I have both O2 and VirginMedia broadband and got the Volt benefit on the O2 account yesterday (after contacting VM via chat at the weekend) but still no broadband speed boost (restarted the router).

Have had VM account for many years and the O2 SIM was activated near the beginning of February.

Both accounts are in the my name and address.

Do need to wait a further 2 weeks?

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VOLT upgrade takes up to 14 days on the VM side. 

You can check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VOLT upgrade takes up to 14 days on the VM side. 

You can check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that.  The value indeed indicates the pre-boost speed currently (I'm not on the highest speed 😕 ).

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ThereIsNoSpoon, thanks for your message - perhaps this is a glitch in the Matrix?!

Joking aside, if you upgraded to Volt at the beginning of February then your broadband speeds should be upgraded by now, as we're past the 14 day mark.

I'll pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some further details, just so I can get into specifics with you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

sharkyformii
Joining in

Upgraded to Volt 11 April but still waiting for broadband boost from M600 to 1GB. Have ‘opted in’ and got all the O2 benefits but still no VM boost to broadband. According to this forum there seems to be quite a few customers who’ve had same issue. How can I get this resolved please?

Hi sharkyformii,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you haven't had an upgrade on your Broadband since adding our Volt, I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.