cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and wrong router

Dez87
Tuning in

I had virgin media 1gig installed on Thursday last week. For the first two days everything worked fine. Now it's extremely erratic. Most of the time I'm getting 150mbs through the router and 20mbs through my devices. I've also got the hub 5 but the speed test identifies the router as a hub 3. I've tried a full reset. I've even spoken to an engineer and tried four or five different things he suggested, nothing has worked. I am still in my first 30 days so I'm seriously considering cancelling if this continues.

14 REPLIES 14

It seems the issue is tied to a powerline adapter I was using. I disconnected my powerline to test wired connection to my laptop and everything seemed to go back to full speed, plugged it back into the powerlines and everything went wrong.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No surprise there then. PLA’s are not great 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reporting Package 125 x 20 and Hub 3 - our PLAs do not distort that type of information.

Thank you for the update @Dez87 

Glad to see the root of the issue has been identified and the issue has been resolved. Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs