Menu
RLTon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed Problems

Hi,

We were on 50MB and getting 20-30MB a few reboots on the phone and got the speed up to 40MB.

Changed our package as wanted guaranteed higher speeds so changed our speed to 100MB and now the highest speed we are getting is 40MB.

Do I need to call out an engineer? Surely 40MB on 100 MB is not normal. This is why I downgraded as we were not getting what we were paying for before.

Any advice anyone?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Problems

Are you connecting by wifi or ethernet cable ?
What Hub model do you have?
If wifi, what devices (make/model) are you using and do you know which frequency band they are connecting to, 2.4 or 5 GHz?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
RLTon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The Hub is Hub 3. Devices are connected in 2.4 and 5. I've tried to manage the devices which are on 5 to allow my laptop to have the faster speed but that has not been necessary as many of the devices are defaulting to 2.4.

It is WIFI predominantly for my laptop Mac air and iPhone XS. Other devices are connected directly with the exception of my sonos and 2 alexa's.

It's really odd I am getting 20-30 MB some days and then 70 on others so not consistently 30 days but not the best all the same. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post RLTon and welcome to our community.

Have you been able to run a speed test on one of your wired connections? If so could you please let us know the results of these compared to the WiFi speed test? 

Can I also please confirm that you're using the 5Ghz connection for devices closer the the Hub and the 2.4Ghz connection for devices which are further away from the Hub? As these are the best ways to use these two connections. 

It may also help to ensure your Hub is out in the open and at least 1 meter away from any other electronics as this can interfere with your wireless signal coming from the Hub.

Hope this helps, Emily.

0 Kudos