Menu
dirtymurt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed Loss Driving Me to Distraction

Never had a real problem in years and years being with Blueyonder and then Virgin but I've had a significant drop in speed over the last 2 days, ranging from no connection at all to moving at a crawl. 

I have run the test from the virgin pages and reset the equipment on 2 occasions now and no real improvement. 

everything is wired so this is not a wifi issue.

I don't have the energy to ring customer services and jump through hoops for an hour talking to someone taking me through a set of cue cards. 

can you send an engineer out to look please?

thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Loss Driving Me to Distraction

Will take just over a week for a response here so if you want a faster response, you will need to ring up and jump through the hoops and cue cards im afraid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Evening Martin,

Thanks for posting back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and the line/hub is showing as fine. 

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day?

Are you able to complete speed tests whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dirtymurt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

since posting this I had a period of relatively good service. However over the last month or so I've had nothing but trouble. I rang the India helpline on several occasions and had shocking service. One guy told me he could see my problem and to switch the unit off an on again (I had not given him my name or account number but he had special tools at his end), calling from a mobile phone I'm unsure how he managed this. 

I've had a new modem fitted after the call centre managed to brick the new one I'd had fitted. 

I've had them run a new line to the house (there was some damage to the ancient cable apparently), I'm assuming this work has been carried out, I wasn't in to see it.

I need someone to establish what exactly is the problem It is happening every evening now. The router is reporting no internet connection but i get a trickle. I run the diagnostics from your website and I get either no issue with your eqiupment (but the modem states no internet) or we've found something give us 10 minutes to fix it.  

I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering moving to BT for a guaranteed albeit slower line

please help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey dirtymurt,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry for the on-going connection problems you're experiencing. I think it would be a good idea to set up a BQM so we can take a closer look at your connection. Could you post back to us with some results please.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos