Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Speed Issues

Couple of things really, i am paying for 1gb from virgin, but when i do speedtest the most i have gotten in last 5 days is 327mb down now thats allot lower than i should be getting. Before i ring up (as for some reason they dont have chat which i prefer) can someone confirm which speedcheck site virgin will recognise. I used speedtest.net and fast.com as comparisons both give about the same.

And would anyone know the minimum speed im supposed to get, as if im paying for 1gb and dont even get 500 why would i be on this expensive package.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Issues

VM recognise Speedtest.net and you must be measuring speed on a device connected to the hub by a Cat 5e, Cat 6 or Cat 7 network cable.

Under VM's minimum speed guarantee you should never see anything below 552 Mbps, but in normal operation you should expect to consistently see 1117-1145 Mbps.

why would i be on this expensive package.

You've been taken in by VM's marketing? There's a question only you can answer, based on what actual uses might usefully requires 1 Gbps.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos