I have noticed a general degradation in my t'Interweb connection over the last few weeks or so. Occasional drops in connection while doing things with software like OBS, Skype, FTP. Then came blips in online games like Apex Legends, etc.
I am consistently seeing 50Mbps - 75Mbps reported by speedtest (multi and single) for my 200Mbps connection, Cat6 ethernet to the hub, minimal loading from other devices. This is both during the day, the peak and right now at 5am.
The only thing I note in the network log that might be relevant (and occurs a few times in the recording log) is:
05/03/2019 14:01:33 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=[removed];CMTS-MAC=[removed];CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
I thought originally that it would be because I moved the TV to Sky after the UKTV farce, then I remembered I still have it, but it is just permanently unplugged...
[sorry humor at 5am is lacking as it has not quite woken up yet]
Anyway, ideas are welcome and the router output below in case that helps. no changes have been made to the wiring to the router or router location etc in a few months.
Your download levels are OK but there are many RS errors that the modem has generally corrected. They may be historical. But the upload channels are dropping back to 32qam which suggests a fault condition.
1. Check that the coax connections are tight.
2. Clear the error counters and check again after an hour or two. They should all be nearly 0.
3. If you are still not getting the correct speed, call CS for a remote test and possible engineer visit.
I checked all the connections on and rebooted the router (I assumed this would reset the counters??) and have had variable success from a fairly immediate boost back to 200Mbps but also quite a few 50ish Mbps readings as well. The current stats are showing:
There are two other things which may be of note as well:
* I use a Samsung Galaxy S7, which continually drops the WiFi signal regardless of where I am. I could be sat right next to the router and the Android WiFi with an exclamation mark symbol appears and I have to cycle my handsets WiFi. Wife is reporting similar on a mid-tier device as well.
* I have a 10db attenuator in line at the box. It has been there since my original installation in 2014 and I left it there when the new box was sent out for a self-install.... is it worth trying it with that off?
Edited to add: These are the last error messages posted by the box:
13/03/2019 00:29:18 Error DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
13/03/2019 08:21:51 Error DHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
13/03/2019 08:21:51 notice DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-rtsxl20016u-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/03/2019 05:11:26 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
There were no entries recorded for yesterday (14th)