cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Dropped after upgrade

kzafar
Tuning in

Hi

About a week back upgraded from M100 to M350 package.  With old package used to get speed of 90-110 on most of devices (fast.com).  I did not move any thing hub, devices all in same place and speed gone down to 28-80  (speed gone down and variability has increased).  Have reset (pen/ pin reset) rebooted device nothing works.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you using the same Hub or did they give you another one?

If you connect a computer/laptop to the Hub by an ethernet cable (just to test) - what speeds do you get.

You could try the pinhole reset again as it can be tricky - do it this way...

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time.

Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kzafar thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had reduced speeds since your upgrade.  I have located your account from here and have had a remote look.  I would like to help you resolve the issue if it is still ongoing?

Regards

Lee_R

hi:

Thanks..yes today was pretty bad.  on my ipad I got a speed of 4.6!!!  same device that usually gave me 90-110

Hi kzafar

Thanks for coming back to us.

How are you testing the speeds please, wired or wireless and what devices? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

test are on wireless devices ranging in age and technology (anroid, iOS, windows) all have registered marked decrease in connectivity speed..all had performed near 80 to 100 percent sped range while on the lower package that are now showing just near 20% of upgraded speed level with huge variablity (4Mbps to 40Mbps) against the new 350 Package

Thanks for coming back to us kzafar, 

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account and run further test. The good news is, your power levels are all within specification and are green, you have no area faults affecting you and there are no SNR issues.

As your experiencing issues with the Wi-Fi service only, please check the link here, for further help with speed issues, and here for Wi-Fi trouble shooting tips.

Please try the above first, and if you require further assistance come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi.