Menu
kitfong
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Speed Boost

How do I find out when speed boost is ready in my area? I had an email from October 2016 saying that it is coming soon.

I went on the website https://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade and typed my postcode in, I got the following message:

"Hold on tight Your speed boost is ready now! Register or sign in to My Virgin Media to order your upgrade."

After signing in there the following message about the speed boost

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 20Mbps to up to 150Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016

Discover more with broadband"

The find out more link button just links to a document about call charges

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010716_Everyday_Call_Charges.pdf

It's February 2017. So how do I find out when it is ready?

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Boost

I have the same issue, waiting for a mod to come and reanswer my post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/200Mbit-upgrade/td-p/3319907

basically, the mod said that I should ring customer support to get the upgrade put through, tried this morning but the guy on he phone was adamant that the upgrade would put me onto a new contract and that I'd have to check the update site as it will tell me when I can upgrade.

Pointed out that both the upgrade site and when I log in I'm told that my update is ready and will automatically be applied last month! Lol

he wanted to charge me an extra pound a month and put me on a new contract to get the 200Mbps upgrade.

Pointed out that it should be free, shouldn't enter me into a new contract.

Lost the will to live and hung up in the end. Hence why I'm waiting for a mod.

Be very careful if you're told to ring up because I guarantee they will try to enter you into a new contract.
0 Kudos
kitfong
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After hearing your story it does put me off calling customer service.

I didn't get a yellow bar when I sign in but got that same style of pink notification as you.

I'm disappoint with this speed boost of teasing me by offering more speed and then provide no information on it. One page said its ready and the other said that it is coming soon.

Just wished the information was clearer. Guess I got no choice but to wait

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Morning kitfong,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the free speed upgrade delay and for any inconvenience this has caused.

I can see from your account, that you have called through to discuss this further which is great. Let us know how you get on and if there are any further issues.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kitfong
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I tried the web chat and it just didn't work. It took a long a lot of refreshing to get a slot and when I did get through, I got a message along the lines of please try again later. Smiley Frustrated

Ringing  was a hassle as none of the menu options suited me. I just wanted to speak to someone and there was no option for that.

So if anyone is looking for help on getting the speed boost I don't have the answer. In the end I had to ring up and change my package and sign a new contract to get faster speed. This is probably not the answer people was looking for, as I was looking to get the advertised speed boost without changing package or signing up for a new contract.

I guess this was a blessing in disguise that I benefited from changing package. It lowered my payment slightly and got faster speed.

0 Kudos
Demonicenigma87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi when will my speed boost from 70mb to 100mb happen, I phoned but she didn't know area by area

0 Kudos
legacy1
Legend
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Demonicenigma87 wrote:

Hi when will my speed boost from 70mb to 100mb happen, I phoned but she didn't know area by area

Their is no speed boost from 70 to 100 that I know of?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

legacy1 wrote:

Demonicenigma87 wrote:

Their is no speed boost from 70 to 100 that I know of? 

He's already had his "free" 50Mbps to 70Mbps boost sometime since April All Fools Day (very apropriate for some users? ) 2016, when he posted on 50Mbps.....     As he hasn't been in receipt of 70Mbps prior to 25th Nov 2015 then he's s.o.l  -  That said some did get multiple upgrades and some even went from 30Mbps alway up to V200G (and more?)!!

So don't blame him for trying to leverage the "devilish enigma" of VM provisioning!   ROTFL..   Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Demonicenigma87
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The speed boost is mentioned on the letter of the price increase.

0 Kudos
Demonicenigma87
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20170821_190705.jpgAs shown here.

0 Kudos