cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed 300Mbs on test then drops to 90Mbs

scribblesvurt
On our wavelength

Speed 300Mbs on test then drops to 90Mbs after a second on the test consistently.

This is on Gigabit ethernet connection. Rebooted etc several times. Been going on for weeks.

Any suggestions? Hub 3 btw. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Richw1982
Rising star

Which speedtest site are you using? Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Yes I am. And also https://fast.com/en/gb/ and Google Speed test. All start at 300 then drop to around 90

Pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts. 

Also, what colour is the LED on the hub?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

to add to the above - try a test with the hub in modem mode if you get the same result put the pc - assuming its a windows pc into safe mode with networking - again with the hub in modem mode and run speed tests

finally try another lan cable - cat5e or better - 90 can be a faulty cable although the fact you are seeing 300 before it slows down would suggest its not the cable but stranger things have happened

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I am now getting 300+ so there must have been an issue somewhere in the area.

Although my Tenda Mesh keeps droping I have ordered a replacement as I have 60+ connected dvices. Thanks for the help I will monitor direct Lan speeds. 

Hi scribblesvurt, 

Thank you for taking the time to update the post and advise there have been improvements. 

Yes, please monitor the service once you receive your replacement and let us know if we can assist moving forward 🙂

Thanks

Nat