Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, what happened Virgin?

Many thanks for updating the thread Loui79 and I'm very sorry for the connection trouble experienced,

I've had a look into this for you and it appears you're currently being affected by two separate network issues at the moment.

One concerns a high demand for our service within your area under the fault reference F005751461, with a review currently set for 13/12/2017.

The second issue relates to SNR with the ticket reference F005755063, and current review of 24/11/17.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

Given that we were told in September that our fix date was 01/11 and Sam told us on the 13/11 that the review date for the fault was the 16/11 ("The reference number is F005751461 and has a review date of 16th November."), coupled with the fact that we were also told the fault should be fixed by 06/12 on the live chat on 11/11, I won't hold out hope for anything improving any time soon.

Presumably the SNR fault is the one that the engineer was supposed to come out for and didn't, and which we were then told didn't actually exist?

(From chat transcript 11/11:
VIJAY
I am sorry once again to hear all that. I checked the account and currently there is no SNR showing on the account. I have checked the system there is an upgrade work going on to support the increased demand for our services in your area and because of which you are getting slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps. I have raised the ticket on high priority to the networking team to complete the work as early as possible. Everything is estimated to be resolved by 06/12/17 at 00:00. Request you to reset the router. 8:23 AM)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Loui79,

I've re-checked things for you and the review for F005751461, still remains set for 13/12/2017 at present.

In regards to the SNR fault mentioned, this appears to have since been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Zero improvement on the connection here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loui79, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Really sorry for the connection problems. If you post back to us on or after the 13th, we will have more info for you. 

We appreciate your patience, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Something was done in the early hours of the 7th Dec as when the broadband came back on we had a different IP address, 24 downstream channels and 3 upstream (from 12/2) and the speeds improved significantly.

Unfortunately the latency is not as positive a picture: My Broadband Ping - VM200GAMER DEC7

It's been like this ever since and having been given a later review date, I've held off on posting again in case there were more works being done.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hello Loui79

Yes as you spotted we moved you to a new CMTS on the 7th so F005751461 no longer applies. Traffic levels are thankfully much lower, I wonder if the BQM graph is because of this issue Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause however just to be doubly sure when your public IP address changed you did remember to update BQM site.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Yes, I changed the IP address on the BQM, I had to set up a new BQM as the old one stopped at the point it disconnected.

We have never had latency issues like this in the past (as you can see from the previous BQM that was posted) and have not changed our hub since we took out the service but it appears that we may have switched from one problem that has lasted almost a year, to another that has been ongoing for even longer.

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Am I to take the lack of response as Virgin ignoring the fact that there is still a problem with the connection that we are paying over £40 per month for?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loui79, 

Thanks you for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you we have been a little behind. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005900266 this is currently being investigated and we will let you know once we know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos