Menu
andy_b1010
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slower upload speeds

Hello, 

Has anyone else noticed a slow-down with speeds recently? I'm in N.London and using a speed test (Ookla) I regularly check speeds. I was previously getting results i'd expect around 300Mbps download and 15Mbps upload, however for the last few weeks I'm only getting 2Mbps upload. 

This is affecting my business as i upload images and require decent speeds.

when online with support they asked me to try fast.com which was showing better upload speeds. 

Can anyone explain why two tests are showing different results, and why Ookla would show slower speeds consistently between now and a few weeks ago. 

Noting has changed with setup, i have a router connected directly to an iMacPro. have removed other devices to test that too and its all pointing to an issue with supply or the router. Will be calling tomorrow for an engineer visit unless someone can suggest other options. 

Thanks for any suggestions, 

AB

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slower upload speeds

@andy_b1010 wrote:

Hello, 

Has anyone else noticed a slow-down with speeds recently? I'm in N.London and using a speed test (Ookla) I regularly check speeds. I was previously getting results i'd expect around 300Mbps download and 15Mbps upload, however for the last few weeks I'm only getting 2Mbps upload. 

This is affecting my business as i upload images and require decent speeds.

when online with support they asked me to try fast.com which was showing better upload speeds. 

Can anyone explain why two tests are showing different results, and why Ookla would show slower speeds consistently between now and a few weeks ago. 

Noting has changed with setup, i have a router connected directly to an iMacPro. have removed other devices to test that too and its all pointing to an issue with supply or the router. Will be calling tomorrow for an engineer visit unless someone can suggest other options. 

Thanks for any suggestions, 

AB

Not sure if you've seen the various other threads, however you may be in an oversubscribed/utilized area.

Create a BQM and post the live link.

If your BQM looks ok after 24 hours you can then post your HUB stats from http://192.168.0.1 ('Advanced Settings\Tools\Network Status') to check if they are in spec.

Keep in mind you are using a residential line, so there are is no SLA for business use.

0 Kudos
andy_b1010
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply, 

Ive created a BQM :

andy_b1010_0-1611047304306.png

started around 1pm and finished for the day around 5pm.

speed test results from yesterday & previous (using Ookla)

andy_b1010_1-1611047669177.png

Not sure if this is showing poor service or an issue with router or something else? (I get similar results from another device connected to the router)

Virgin support couldn't explain why so up and down but just said you're getting the guaranteed download speed, upload speeds are not guaranteed. 

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
andy_b1010
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

direct link to BQM: link 

0 Kudos