cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower WiFi than usual

LukeK97
Joining in

Hi all, 

I'm experiencing slower WiFi speeds than normal, typically around 100mbps even though my package is the M350. 

My Hub3 is running in modem mode and is attached to a TP-Link AX3000 (WiFi 6). Only recently had issues, started on the 25th/26th February.

I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues. 

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...
-------------
Can you Check first for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @LukeK97!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the services.

I've looked into the local area and can see that a local area outage is currently present with an estimated fix time of 10:15am on 09/03/2023.

We apologise for any inconvenience and will do all within our power to have this resolved.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Apologies for the late reply, I tried countless recommeded trouble shooting steps with no improvement.

No apology necessary LukeK97, I have now looked into this and can see that the SNR levels with your connection are too low for a stable connection is likely to be the cause of your issues.

This would need a technician visit to resolve these problems. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I managed to resolve the issue, it was my AX3000 that was playing up. After a factory reset it is now back to normal 

Thanks for coming back to us LukeK97 and I'm glad to hear that the issues have now been resolved 😀

Kind Regards,

Steven_L