cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow wifi during the evening - hub 3.0

Adamconnor35
Joining in

Hi, I was just after some advice in regards to slow WiFi during the evening.

I've rang virgin multiple times and they say there is no issues on the line and that there is no issues in the area in regards to broadband issues.

The signal strength on the devices connected isn't the issue but I have bought a WiFi booster and set that up and it hasn't helped in the slightest.

It is mainly on my ps5 where the issues are occurring. I've tried it on 2.4 and 5Ghz as I read on a different forum that 2.4Ghz can result in better stability on the ps5. Trying both bands hasn't resulted in any improvements.

I'm currently on the M350 fibre broadband package which I do usually get. These issues I'm having with Internet speeds have started to occur in the last 2-3 months but Virgin Media just seem disinterested on resolving the issue.

Does anyone have any recomendations on things to try to resolve the issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post your Hub power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log.  Also setup a BQM here, www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done, we can comment.  In the meantime, get a wifi scanner/analyser from the Google Play store and survey your property, especially when you experience drop outs.  This will help to diagnose any wifi issues around interference.

As an aside, any gaming should be done on a wired connection, as wifi is too prone to inference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adamconnor35,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with the WiFi, 

Have you been able to get the information Adduxi has asked for?

Alex_Rm