cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upstream issues / power levels

coda1
Tuning in

I have a Hub 3.0 and lately, any connection going out has been super slow. Including wired connection to a PC, things like zoom / slack calls with screen sharing or connecting to a remote citrix workspace have become impossible to use. Even things like wifi calling or facetime experience issues where the other party struggles to see or hear me. 

Once again, this is not a wifi issue as it happens over a wired PC connection as well. Here is my Hub's upstream status:

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 12.48.51.png

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 12.51.43.png

There are no reported issues for my postcode and none of my neighbours seem to have the same issues. The helpdesk is completely useless and cannot talk to a human to start an investigation. Does anyone see any issues with the above and what possible options do I have outside of changing providers, it's become impossible to work remotely now... 

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

all upstream channels are on 16qam they should be on 64 - try a reboot of the hub - leave it off a minute or two - see if that brings them back to 64qam

Tony.
Sacked VIP

channels 3,4,5 went to 64qam straight away but 6 was 32.

10 mins later, they all went to 32

right now, they are all 16, except for channel 6, which is now 64.

basically, they seem to be changing all the time... which can be said about the performance of my internet as well. do you think I should continue trying to get in touch with a human and Vrigin's end (which is proving impossible) and get it resolved / looked at by an engineer?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

afaik that indicates noise on the upstream - you can keep trying via the phone to book a tech or wait here for VM

for your part make sure all coax connections are a bit more than finger tight - if you can get into the external box check that one as well

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @coda1,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your service. 

I've taken a look at the account and currently there is a Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) outage impacting your area. This has been raised under Fault Reference F009524197 and the estimated time of repair is 23 DEC 2021 12:00.

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs