cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds and poor internet quality

Broders121
Joining in

For the past few months I have been getting far less than the 52mb upload speeds I'm meant to be getting on the 1gb package instead my speeds have slowly declined to 17mb and sometimes less. My download seems fine but sometimes the signal drops out and I can't even load an internet page like Google.  I have rang multiple times to be told there is nothing wrong with my connection, I have rest the modem multiple times including factory reseting it. My modem is in router mode.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi @Broders121

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the form has been raised for congestion to the networks team and a work order opened on the account as well. I shall check these in a few days to see any update and report back.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No worries many thanks hopefully it's gets sorted look forward to the updates.

@Broders121 wrote:

Ok many thanks for getting back to me so if it is a congestion issue what is done to resolve it?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-upload-speed/m-p/4756237#M273896

Thanks for info Andrew that is not good to read but thanks all the same

Hi Broders121

Thanks for coming back to us. There's no update yet but I'll keep you posted as and when I've heard something.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ok thanks john

Hi Broders121

There's still no update from networks but I'll check it every couple of days for you and report back.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Ok thanks for checking for me john

Hi Broders121

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've checked everything now and all the levels are in spec, no issue with congestion or SNR. I hope everything is all sorted for you but do pop back if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

It was sorted for a while but the same problems are back my upload is as low as 8mb and seems to be really unstable again