cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

hd3
On our wavelength

On a M200 package but get upload speeds of <4Mbps consistently throughout the day. Download speeds typically almost always hitting 200 Mbps. 

It's been consistently slow on upload for almost a year. Occasionally I'll get 20 Mbps.

I've called VM a few times and followed the full reset on router procedure but it hasn't changed anything.

Any help appreciated.

BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d6c8de7feb99df6e2fbb9d901357a671fa... 

82 REPLIES 82

hd3
On our wavelength

I was hoping the great "return to school" would improve the upload speeds.

Wired uploads speeds are now 2-4Mbps from 1-2Mbps. It's an improvement I guess!

I bet video conferences work better now, even if they are still rubbish.

The Giggitty 1

Hi hd3,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The date for the congestion to be cleared is currently set at 10/02/21 at 10:00

Do please come back to us beyond this time and we'll seek to confirm if this has been marked as resolved. If it has we'd advised rebooting the hub.

If there are still issues with the connection present, we will seek to dig deeper into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

hd3
On our wavelength

Is that 10th March or 10th Feb?

Thanks

Apologies hd3,

Small typo on my part - that should be 10/03/21. The time of 10:00 is correct.

Kindest regards,

David

hd3
On our wavelength

I've just checked twice and I've achieved speeds of between 10-15Mbps.

Perhaps due to lunchtime but it is a big improvement from before.

Thanks for coming back to me hd3,

I can see that the high utilisation has since been cleared in the local area.

The Hub uptime is currently showing at 22 days. Is it possible to perform a reboot on the hub, or possibly even a reset? 

After this has been done, please run another speed test for me - preferably over a Cat 6 Ethernet cable is possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

hd3
On our wavelength

I've done a pinhole reset.

Wired Cat 6 - Download speeds at 1700 are consistently around 200-220 Mbps and upload around 2-4Mbps. 

BQM 

Sorry to say hd3, but network congestion has been reinstated in your local area and is due to be fixed on 24/03 at 10:00

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David

JackW1
Joining in

I’ve tried to read the whole thread and some of it is pretty technical but seems like a lot of other people are having a similar problem. 

From my understanding, the solution for mine is to reset the router (pretty standard response) and to remove some of the devices connected? 

Would a third party router help? Instead of the free Hub 3 from Virgin.