Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload speed

I've been getting slow upload speeds for a couple of days now. I'm on the m350 service and i consistently used to get around 35-36Mb upload but now at best i get around 10Mb which makes uploading anything painfully slow.

I've gone through the usual checks but the issue persists. Any known issues in the Rochdale area?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow upload speed

To check for “known network faults”......
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

Also, check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

Finally post up the stats from the Hub settings - if you aren't sure how to - just ask - or search on here... there re lots of posts with instructions.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

All cabling has been checked and this is ok. Attached are my hub3 settingsCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

One of your upstream channels is dropping down from 64QAM to 16QAM, which is usually indicative of upstream noise, and would cause the problems you describe, but you've also got downstream power levels all over the place, with a range of 6.2 dBmV.  Both issues need sorting, and (unless there's an area fault under investigation) you'll need a technician visit to fix that.  The VM forum staff can advise accordingly when they get round to your thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from the VM forum staff look into this and respond as this issue is causing me a lot of grief

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will need to wait a couple of days or so for the Forum Team to pick up your thread, they work from oldest first.

Or you can risk the trials of 150 and the offshore team.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nemoash,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry to see you are still having lower than expected upload speed.

I was unable to check our end, so I can look into this and send a technician if required I will send you an invite for a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos