cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

hd3
On our wavelength

On a M200 package but get upload speeds of <4Mbps consistently throughout the day. Download speeds typically almost always hitting 200 Mbps. 

It's been consistently slow on upload for almost a year. Occasionally I'll get 20 Mbps.

I've called VM a few times and followed the full reset on router procedure but it hasn't changed anything.

Any help appreciated.

BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d6c8de7feb99df6e2fbb9d901357a671fa... 

82 REPLIES 82

Please let us know the results of your tests and we will do our best to help @hd3.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hd3
On our wavelength

Speed is 214 down and 8 up hardwired right now.

Did the ticket F008611099 get resolved?

BQM showed quite a few dropouts on 5th August.

Hi hd3

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to advise that fault number, the estimated fix date is the 16th.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

hd3
On our wavelength

Any updates?

Speed is 212 down and 5 up at the moment. 

Fix dates so far have been 26th Feb, 10th March, 24th March, April 6th, April 12th, April 27th, May 11th, May 25th, June 8th, June 22nd, June 29th, July 13th, July 27th and August 16th.

Don't hold out much hope that it's ever going to be fixed.

hd3
On our wavelength

Just received a text from Virgin outlining possible disruption with services on Fri 27th Aug. Is this related?

Thank you for getting back to us @hd3.

This may be in relation to the ongoing. I have been able to access your account and it seems the estimated fix time is now 30 AUG 2021 09:20.

We apologise again for any inconvenience caused by this ongoing issue.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hd3
On our wavelength

Just wondering if anything happened.

Speeds still the same, 210 down and 7 up. 

hd3
On our wavelength

Falling apart today.

86 on the download and 0.04 upload.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hd3

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped even lower today, I understand how frustrating this must be.

I've taken a look and the estimated fix time for the fault is 18:00pm today (02/09)

Please do let us know how things are working for you after this.

Kind regards,

Serena

hd3
On our wavelength

Any updates?

Speed is 208 down and 7 up at the moment. 

Fix dates so far have been 26th Feb, 10th March, 24th March, April 6th, April 12th, April 27th, May 11th, May 25th, June 8th, June 22nd, June 29th, July 13th, July 27th, August 16th and August 30th.

I've had a few outages this month coinciding with texts from Virgin about work in the area. However it hasn't resolved the utilisation issue.