Menu
Luke757
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Hi guys.. supposed to be getting 110mbs in which I have been on all previous tests normally around 110.. but currently getting around 30?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Which hub model is it?  How are you connecting - wifi or wired?  On what devices?  On which network (2.4/5 GHz)? If wifi - what does a wired device get?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Luke757
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand 

it’s the hub3 and I am always connected via WiFi from my iPhone, i don’t ever connect via Ethernet cable.. like I say normally my speeds are around 110 even at peak times I can achieve that. I’m not quite sure how I determine what network it’s on. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't done this already - try it first - it helps sort quite a few Hub3 wifi issues.   Go into the Hub3 settings... type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or  http://192.168.100.1 if you are in modem mode ) into your web browser’s url box) and in "smart wifi" (if you have it)  disable "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart the Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device.  5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one.  All my iDevices work far better on the 5GHz network.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos