cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds on HP BeatsAudio

vygon
On our wavelength

i have two laptops an old HP EliteBook s1 and a 2year old HP BeatsAudio. Broadband speed of of 200Mbps on the EliteBook i get over 200Mbps fantastic, but on the other HP BeatsAudio i get less than 40Mbps. What could be possibly if anything be wrong with the BeatsAudio and is there a way i can get the same speed out of the BeatsAudio laptop both are using Wi-Fi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vygon 

A quick google search shows the HP BeatsAudio laptops only have a 10/100 card. The best wired speed you would get is around 100, but wireless around 40.

You should be able to get a Black Friday deal  by investing in a USB WiFi adapter. These plug into a laptop or desktop USB port, overriding the computer’s in-built wireless function, and can increase speed and stability of the connection, especially for older computers that might not support newer WiFi standards. 

Make sure you get one that's 10/100/1000

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vygon 

A quick google search shows the HP BeatsAudio laptops only have a 10/100 card. The best wired speed you would get is around 100, but wireless around 40.

You should be able to get a Black Friday deal  by investing in a USB WiFi adapter. These plug into a laptop or desktop USB port, overriding the computer’s in-built wireless function, and can increase speed and stability of the connection, especially for older computers that might not support newer WiFi standards. 

Make sure you get one that's 10/100/1000

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I believe that the laptop supports 802.11n (aka WiFi 4) and the best speed should be much more 40Mbps even if a single antenna is used. I suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the wireless adapter driver for starters.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I believe that the laptop supports 802.11n (aka WiFi 4) and the best speed should be much more 40Mbps even if a single antenna is used. I suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the wireless adapter driver for starters.

Providing the rest of the hardware is up to the job.  Could just be the old laptop is underpowered and the expectations are too high ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vygon
On our wavelength

Hi There newapollo,

thanks for your help i now get speeds of more that 210Mbps as suggested i got a black Friday deal on a  USB WiFi adapter works perfectly.

Thank you Vygon