cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds Area 20

LhoLihzeh
Joining in

So I'm wondering if anyone here is getting the same issues.  I tried all diagnostics and all they said is to wait 24 hours because there is an issue with the connection but never said whether it was an area thing or just me.  My kit hasn't changed nor has anything happened to the hub.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try these..

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” as they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

Is anything being reported on either of those two ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I just gave the number a quick call and checked the website.  It is saying that there isn't a fault on either of them.  However when I do check through the actual fault checker where it does a scan on the hub or at least the connection it says there is something wrong but to check back in an day.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What issues are you actually having and are they happening on both wifi and ethernet cable connections - or just wifi ones?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there @LhoLihzeh

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have not had success with the diagnostic steps so far and a big thank you to @jbrennand for their help on this so far. 

Can I ask what issues you are facing with your services? 

Thank you