cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed

PCMATSON
Joining in

I am currently paying for 100mps . Until recently I've been getting around 110 which was great, however for the past week or two I've only been getting 30-40. Nothing in my set up has changed and I've been through all the suggested fixes on the virgin site. Any ideas gratefully recieved and I don't fancy sitting on hold for an hour to get through to virgin tech support 

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for responding. 

It's a hub 3.

I've been measuring using the app on my mobile.

I've been using the same app for a few years to ensure consistency, and its reduced from over 100 to 40 over the last week.

I'll check to see if there's a difference between the frequencies - thanks for suggesting. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And see message 15 in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Area-20-Slow-Speed/m-p/4317764#M234449

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cheers!!

Hi PCMATSON, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm sorry to hear that things still aren't working as they should be. 

I've gone in to the account today to check things and it looks as though there is some work ongoing in the area so it's throwing up all kinds of errors. We'll need to wait for this to be resolved before we can dive deeper in to diagnostics. This is meant to be completed by 3pm today. 

In the meantime, I can see the ethernet cable you are using is an older one. You will need to upgrade this to get a reliable speed test. You need one that's a minimum of cat 6e. Please replace this for now and then once the work has been completed we can check things again for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs